Malaysia & Cambodia
Make a difference in the lives of those in need in Malaysia & Cambodia.
Malaysia & Cambodia
At Sayaban Welfare, we’re driven by a singular mission: to ‘bring poverty into the shade’. Every day, we commit ourselves to engaging in poverty relief and educational projects worldwide that uplift and empower the less fortunate. Currently, we’re turning our focus towards Malaysia & Cambodia.
In Malaysia, a country where the Rohingya Muslims live in poverty, are not recognised and have no official funding for education. A distinct lack lack resources have left many families unable to fulfil certain obligations for their family including providing adequate shelter, food, education and faith requirements such as circumcision.
In contrast, Cambodia has many Muslims from Cham and Malay minorities that are marginalised and again have limited resources and lack access to food, shelter, education and many children are forced to work to help support their struggling parent to earn an income.
Simply, help Sayaban Welfare make a difference to these often forgotten minorities that are usually looked over.
Rohingya in Malaysia
- There are 107,520 registered Rohingya refugees currently in Malaysia
- The refugees do not have legal recognition and are unable to be formally employed.
- The Rohingya are relegated to living on the Margins of society
- Many are therefore living in poverty and at high risk of labour exploitation
- Food scarcity and availability is a constant threat
Muslims in Cambodia
- There are around 311,045 Cambodian Muslims from the Cham & Malay minorities
- They are a highly marginalised community and thousands live below the poverty line
- Food and education is a major issue for these marginalised communities
- Many children have to give up education in order to work to support their families
Ready to Bring Poverty into the Shade?
Donate Now to the Malaysia & Cambodia appeal and stand with us in our mission to bring a positive change in the lives of the underprivileged. Each donation, no matter how big or small, can bring a profound impact to those marginalised communities in both Malaysia & Cambodia. Together, we can make a difference and cast a long-lasting shadow on poverty.